Due to the Covid-19 pandemic our office will be closed to the public temporarily.
Please feel free to contact our office at 330-722-9322 or our website at www.medinaswcd.org.
For the latest information and updates check our website and/or Facebook page.
Our September Board Meeting will be held September 27th at 1:30 p.m. via phone conference, please contact the office at
330-722-9322 for log in information if you would like to attend.
Medina County SWCD Sales, Contests and more!
MILKWEED SEED POD COLLECTION INFORMATION
We are collecting Common Milkweed seed pods again this year to help support monarch butterflies. Please read carefully to make sure you correctly collect seed pods.
- Find an area or areas where there are a good amount of milkweed plants with harvestable pods.
- Keep tabs on those areas to check on the pods throughout the month of September.
- Once the pods start to look more brown or grey they are likely ready to be harvested. (Do not harvest green seed pods)
- Place seed pods in paper bags or cardboard boxes only.
- Wear gloves while collecting pods
- Remember to leave a couple pods per plant to ensure natural regeneration occurs.
- Once the pods are collected, deliver to Medina SWCD. Drop it off in our milkweed seed collection bin.
Remember: Do not collect seed pods that are still green, they are not ready yet. If the seeds have milkweed beetles or other insects on them, do not collect them.
The Ohio Soil and Water Conservation Commission will cause an election of Supervisors of the Medina County Soil and Water Conservation District (SWCD) to be held in accordance with Chapter 940 of the Ohio Revised Code. Individuals who own or occupy land within the Medina County Soil and Water Conservation District and are 18 years of age or older may vote for a Supervisor.
There are 3 ways an eligible voter can cast a ballot:
1.) At the SWCD office from September 29th until October 27th during normal business hours; or
2.) At the SWCD Annual Meeting, which will take place at the Medina Eagles 696 Lafayette Road, Medina on Thursday, October 28th from 5:30 p.m. to 6:45 p.m.; or
3.) Voting absentee from September 29th until October 28th by requesting the ballot application and election ballot from the SWCD office at the following address 6090 Wedgewood Road, Medina 44256, or by calling 330-722-9322, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Absentee ballots must be received by the SWCD office by October 28th 3:00 p.m.
Two Supervisors will be elected to a three‐year term commencing January 1, 2022 and ending December 31, 2024.
- Steve Fulton
- Stuart Neal
- Jacob Newcomer